Welcome To A Four Step Outline To Starting An Online Business
This four step outline is not only going to guide you in the correct direction, but also give you the tools to build that online business. The four steps are made to ease the intimidation factor most experience when starting out. Most may not know where to start or have already started and are stuck somewhere in between losing money and total failure. The goal here is to make this process approachable in a way that benefits you, by keeping you on track with the important parts of the process and making sure you keep on top of yourself along the way.
Tell yourself this multiple times when encountering a challenge: Stick To The Steps, Be Patient & Don’t Quit
It’s extremely important you understand the following four steps. But for now you should really understand that starting a successful online business should be based around a passion or interest of yours. Something that you enjoy doing or a passion you want back that got side-blocked due to the 9-5 job. This interest should give you purpose and at the same time help others with what they are looking for. Its having that certain type of determination that is going to guarantee your success online. One other thing I might add, your going to have to be determined not to quit, in other words, your going to want to be that stubborn person who is determined to do what he or she wants and refuses to do anything else. This is what set’s you apart from the people who give up too early in the process mainly due to their mindset and false guidance.
It’s really all about you right now to act upon these steps to get you moving ahead.
At the end of reviewing the Four Online Business Steps below you will have a better understanding at how to:
- Research a need or problem you are interested in that can help the end-user (aka. The Niche)
- Understand the process and aesthetics of building a website (aka. The Foundation)
- Create valuable content that is engaging and informative (aka. The Content).
- Utilize search engines to direct traffic to your site (aka. The Traffic).
Step 1. Discover A Need From Your Passion And Make It Your Business
Most individuals who are new to starting an online business tend to make the error of searching for a product first, and a market second. Sure it’s great you have a product idea but it’s not going to get you anywhere until you find an audience who are specifically looking for that product, either through an affiliate program or your own.
It’s very important to recognize the specific needs your visitors are searching for.
So, to boost your possibilities of success, we need to start with niche market research.
What’s really cool, The web makes this type of research easy:
- Visit on-line forums to check what questions individuals raise and what issues they are attempting to resolve.
- Do keyword analysis (see below) to seek out the important keywords that your target audience are searching for, while making sure the competition is low.
- Investigate your potential competitors by visiting their sites and being attentive of what they are doing to fill the demand.
- Once you have done this then you’ll be able to use what you have learned and create a product for a market that already exists.
Try For Yourself Using This Keyword Search Tool
(The most important step is your Niche Market Research)
Step 2. Building your website
Ok, now you’ve done your research on the topic you’re most passionate about!
Now you’re ready to move forward in creating the foundation of your business and that is building your website. I’m only going to touch the surface of this step as there is a lot to take in when building a website, which I explain in finer detail, just click the link at the end. For now you will want to take note of the following:
- Choosing a Domain Name and Great Hosting
- Choosing The Appropriate Theme For What Your Business Is About
- Website Layout and Structure
- What Content Goes Where
- Choosing Beneficial Plugins To Help Boost Your Website
(Everything you need to Understanding The Website Building Process)
Step 3. Write Quality Content That Sells
I’ll admit it, writing content is scary and at times down right nerve racking. But you should know that writing incredible content is a decision. You can invest the effort and work required to make awesome content and construct a prosperous brand. Or, you can take the simple way and write poor content – a path that will accomplish nothing for you. The end result will lead to a waste of time, drive and lack of resources.
When you follow the next handful of steps for creating content for your online business, be sure to create a template for yourself so you will never lose your magic when creating quality content.
- Write an outline – Whether its a 400-word teaser article, a 65-page eBook, or concise landing page copy, you should always start by creating a strategic outline for your project. Start by picking a topic and organizing your key talking points before you commit to any significant writing time.
- Do your research – Content is more competitive right now then it has ever been before, and it will only continue to become harder to create stand-out content as this competition grows. Fortunately, a lot of online content is nonsense—and it’s your job as a savvy content creator to sift through the junk, find valuable resources for your audience, and create more of the good stuff.
- Focus on creating strong headlines – A good headline sparks interest and invites readers in. Take time with your headlines. If possible, make a few and select which one you like best. Don’t skim over them. They are the first thing people read, and they are the basis those people use to decide if they want to read your article or not.
When you’re writing make sure to only include what is relevant. Do you still have the goal of your content fresh in the mind? When you start writing, keep that goal in mind so that you only include information that supports your goal. Just because you know the whole alphabet about a subject doesn’t mean all of it belongs in one piece of content. Let yourself write. When you sit down to write, just write; don’t self-edit. Focus on getting everything out that you want to say and putting it all down. Once it’s written down, then you can edit and make it sound cohesive. But the more time you spend self-editing as you’re writing, the longer and more fragmented your copy is going to sound.
(Start here on Creating Your Initial Website Content)
Step 4. Getting Your Website Seen
This is actually the fun part, yes I said it, The FUN PART! It will also be part of an ongoing test to see how well you have done with the previous steps, especially your content.
Not to worry though!
You can change things around as you move along, which you will see later, will come naturally as your editing your content. But for now I would like to touch base with optimizing your website and everything within it to get better search results. Better search results equals more traffic which means better revenue for you. The goal is to get ranked with the major search engines Google, Bing and Yahoo, Google of course being the main contender. I recommend taking few minutes to glance over the history and methods of how Search Engine Optimization began, it will help with what you will be learning in just a few seconds. Again, take note of the following on what will be discussed when clicking the link below.
The process of optimizing your website will consist of the following:
(Your go-to for Optimizing Your Website For Targeted Traffic)